John J. Pershing VA Medical Center
Community Living Center / Nursing Home
About the Program
The Extended Care/Nursing Home Unit is a hospital-based 40-bed unit providing a home-like atmosphere to veterans.
Services are provided by an interdisciplinary team of professionals who provide:
- Nursing home care
- Extended care for those who plan to return home.
- End of life care
Services may include:
- Long term care for those elegible
- Skilled nursing which may include IV antibiotic therapy, wound care, continuation of care following an acute illness.
- Rehabilitation by a physical therapist and physical therapy assistant.
- Restorative nursing to maintain function
Home and Community Care (HCC)
HCC consists of programs that manage care in veterans homes and community settings. Services include —
- home-based primary care
- home telehealth care
- community nursing home care
- skilled and unskilled home care
- home hospice care
- home IV therapy
- John J. Pershing VA Medical Center
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm